For over ten years, our school has provided an affordable and high-quality program for children of Finnish heritage in the Seattle area that exposes students not only to the Finnish language, but to art, music and cultural experiences. The foundation of our success is our commitment to maintaining a stable, talented and committed team of teachers, not only in the classroom but also in art and music. None of this is possible without the generosity of individual donors. Tuition fees typically cover less than half of the total costs for the school, with the balance supplied by grants from the Finnish government and fundraising. In 2007-2008, the FinnKids Campaign raised $13,000 and funded approximately one third of the school’s total expenses. This year we hope to raise even more as our expenses have increased with the addition of a new teacher and classroom as well as other factors. At the same time, grant funding is likely to be lower due to the challenging worldwide economy. We sincerely thank all those of you who have given to the program year after year. With this letter, we kindly ask for your financial contribution to this year’s FinnKids campaign.
• Continue to provide art activities and instruction to all age groups, including our youngest students.
• Maintain small class sizes to ensure an appropriate teacher-to-student ratio that enables one-to-one interactions in the classroom and a peaceful learning environment.
• Invest in teacher training programs to build on past successes by introducing new skills and content areas into the curriculum. Our fall training event this year focused on music instruction. It was a great success and we are hard at work planning the training events for next year.
• Continue to offer the weekly Thursday parent-child preschool program. These young learners will soon fill our Saturday classes for years to come.
• Finally, every child in the Saturday program has the opportunity to participate in the kantele music program, a truly unique and entirely Finnish experience, for no extra charge.
Please contact us and contribute today. As our school is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization your donations are tax deductible.
We also want to thank all of you for supporting the school in the past year. Should you have any questions or want to discuss how you can support the school, please email Mikko Lahti, President of the Finnish School of Seattle.
As always your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
We would like to thank all the individual contributors who have financially supported the Finnish School of Seattle during the past years.
Donations are tax-deductible. Finnish School of Seattle’s EIN is 91-1866859 for tax deduction.